Varicose veins – polietiologic disease that is difficult to treat. Only a full treatment can suspend the progression of the disease. It is important to eliminate the main trigger factors, promoting the development of the disease. This means that you need to change and your way of life and mode of work and rest, and the eating habits and physical activity. These innovations are not temporary – it is necessary to rebuild their lives.
How to change your way of life to the varicose veins?
At the onset of the first symptoms of this condition, you must take into account contra-indications in varicose veins, in order to avoid the progression of the pathology and the occurrence of hazardous effects, for example:
- avoid physical passivity and, conversely, excessive physical activity (weight training, football, basketball, volleyball);
- the varicose veins is impossible to heat, so avoid anything that leads to a local increase of the temperature of the lower limbs (steam rooms, saunas, sunbathing);
- not to attend the procedure of physical influence on the lower limbs (massage, shugaring, Charcot);
- women need to stop wearing high-heeled shoes;
- due to the possibility of cancelling the receipt of medicines that increase the viscosity of the blood (oral pills, certain hormonal drugs).
Accepts-t-he an intense workout and football?
Of excessive exercise (for example, during training, or mobile, sports games) are not less harmful when the varicose veins of the lower limbs, of their absence. The hypertonicity of the muscles of the calf violates the reflux of the blood of sural of the venous sinus that lies in their thickness. Varicose veins of the lower limbs should abandon:
- weight training (bodybuilding, powerlifting);
- the strength of the exercise in the gym;
- exsiliens (courses with a rope), sprint or a race course for horse racing.
Play football, volleyball or other sports outdoor games are allowed during the first phase of the disease, but only on condition elastic bandage feet. Swimming or walking in the varicose veins of the veins of the legs is the best alternative to weight training, sprint running and football.
Is it possible to walk in the bathroom or a sauna?
Go to the sauna of patients with varicose veins is not recommended, because the heat of the varicose veins is impossible. The impact of temperature on the weakened vein wall of the lower limbs in conditions of low humidity may result in the formation of blood clots in veins.
And here is the steam in the bathroom suffering from varicose veins is possible, but to go to the bathroom are allowed only in the initial stages of varicose veins, when veins of the wall is not deformed. The hot steam increases the vascular tone and improves the condition of the skin, that is why the visit to bath with a stay in the steam for 5 to 7 minutes in a row for patients with the first symptoms of varicose veins can be useful. To ensure that the absolute contraindications for a visit to the bathrooms, before taking a steam bath, of patients presenting with the symptoms of varicose veins, you need to go to the doctor-whereas.
Is he allowed to climb and take in the sun?
Soar feet in hot water in the presence of signs of varicose veins on the legs no, absolutely not. The heat of this procedure is the flow of blood to the feet. This state leads to an increase of the pressure of venous blood of the wall, leading to risk of development of complications of the pathology (the formation of blood clots, inflammation of the veins). Is it possible to take the sun when the varicose veins? For patients with varicose veins the leg veins harmful sun (such as under direct sunlight and tanning beds), because heat varicose veins enlarged veins that you can't. The ultraviolet rays have a negative impact on the state of the venous wall and overheating aggravates the course of the disease.
Patients with varicose veins is useful to take a contrast water treatments, which include the immersion of the feet in alternation in the heat and the cold water or the adoption of a contrast shower. More water is not, in any case should not be hot (over 40°c) or cold (below 18°C).
Harmful if the physical impact on the feet?
Any physical impact on the feet, varicose veins can lead to dangerous complications. At the onset of the signs of varicose veins, you should consult your doctor-phlebologist or angiosurgeon on the prohibition of certain types of procedures, for example, on shugaring, shower Jet, massage. Shugaring (sugar hair removal) is a cosmetic procedure of removing unwanted hair, including on the legs, with the help of the dough of sugar. This paste during the procedure is heated to a temperature of 39 To 40°c, and then applied on the skin.
After drying of the paste is removed from the skin with hairs. Therefore, the shugaring is quite painful, similar to waxing hair removal. The procedure shugaring will not bring any pleasant sensations, even in the absence of varicose veins. Varicose veins shugaring can cause the occurrence of complications. Massages and a shower with powerful Jets at the varicose veins can cause injury weakened the vein wall, because relating directly to the physical pressure between them.
The refusal of high heels
Wearing high heels constantly harmful and for women suffering from varicose veins, and for women without symptoms. High-heeled shoes, in particular in combination with a shoe sole, causes a stagnation of the venous blood in the feet and legs. According to the possibilities, shoes with high heels is better to abandon. These models, it is preferable to replace the shoes offset or comfortable, resistant to heels. If wearing high heels may not be refused, in the course of the day, you should occasionally remove your shoes and a small series of gymnastic exercises or sit, put feet on the table.
What are the drugs not to take?
Some of these drugs have contra-indications when the varicose veins for the reception, as have the power to make the blood more viscous as it is dangerous if varicose veins. And frequently used drugs include birth control pills. The female hormones contained in birth control pills, increase the coagulation of the blood.
During the presence of varicose veins blood circulation in them is slow, therefore, any increase in the viscosity of the blood can lead to the formation of blood clots. At the onset of the first signs of varicose veins of women who take the contraceptive pill, it is necessary to consult with your gynecologist and choose another method of contraception.
In addition to the restrictions to the intake of certain drugs, when the varicose veins of the lower limbs can not do operations on the legs, for example, the knee or the hip. Varices is a relative contraindication. Varicose veins dilated veins over the prostheses may hurt or thrombosis. In such cases, in the first place, it is necessary to treat the varicose veins, and then make the operation.
Do not take in food?
In the power supply, you should prefer the vegetarian to the card, sometimes (1 to 2 times per week), you can include a lean meat. In the power of varicose veins, of great importance that the refusal or restriction of the use of products that:
- increase the viscosity of the blood;
- promote the retention of water in the body;
- overloading the gastro-intestinal tract, long digested or cause constipation;
- are high in calories;
- contribute to peroxy lipid oxidation or cause damage to the cells of the body.
Taking this into account, food should be taken to exclude or limit in it:
- all alcoholic beverages (to increase the viscosity of the blood through the release of liquid is left in the extracellular space);
- fatty foods and fried foods (promotes the increase of the coagulation of the blood);
- high-fat meats and one-piece-dairy products, eggs (increase the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood, promote peroxy lipid oxidation);
- very high calorie foods (to help with excess weight, and swelling, increases the load on the venous system);
- candy (to increase glucose levels in the blood, eliminated from the body, trace elements);
- canned goods, meats, pickles, meats, pickles (too much salt in food leads to water retention in the body).
- pasta (good for constipation);
- the mucous membranes of the soups and grains (delay the emptying of the intestine);
- coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate (weaken the peristalsis of the intestine, which can lead to constipation);
- salt (causes a swelling of the tissues).
Take food must be fractional, small portions, 5-6 times per day. At the time of the adoption of the food must not drink. The dilution of the gastric juice of water or other beverages leads to the deterioration of the digestion of food and, consequently, constipation.
Not necessarily in need of getting used to a breakfast. In the kitchen, you must opt for frying and extinguishing products. It is important to note that in the early stages of varicose veins to the denial or limitation of the influence of trigger factors that can stop the development of the disease. During the later stages of varicose veins adherence to restrictions may prevent its progression, greatly facilitate the state of patients and avoid the complications that are dangerous.