If you want to avoid varicose veins, you should take care of them in a timely manner. The disease statistics are convincingly bleak and lead to truly frightening percentages! Especially for the female population of the planet. Of course, at a young and active age, your thoughts are not directed to varicose veins - life is rich, full of strength and up to the venerable years of your beloved grandmother with ugly knots on her legs, oh how far! However, varicose veins are an insidious disease. And rejuvenate every year. So you have to fight now. As long as the veins are healthy, prevention and time won't take long.
Who needs varicose vein prevention?
Everyone, no one excluded. This is due to our modern pace of life: an abundance of tasty and unhealthy food, poor mobility, frequent stress. But the disease also has pets that are likely to get sick first. it:
- People who havehereditary risks, that is, one or both parents suffer from varicose veins.
- Representatives of professions that requirefor a long time, sitting in one position, professional athletes (runners, weightlifters, etc. )
- Overweight gourmets. . .
- Trendy fashionistas and fashionistas- lovers of tight and tight dresses and high heels.
- Women.We brought the female sex into a separate group, because in addition to the listed factors, the risk status for varicose veins is pregnancy, menopause.
Additionally, people who already have chronic metabolic diseases, heart and blood vessels, and cancers are at risk. Secondary varicose veins are dangerous for them, eg. caused by an underlying pathology.
The pharmacy will help: drugs, ointments and other means
The pharmaceutical industry is also aware of the problem of varicose veins. Therefore, in the assortment of pharmacies, you will find a sufficient amount of ointments and creams for tired legs and for the first symptoms of varicose veins. Conventionally, all drugs for local use are divided into several groups.
- heparoids. . . The medicinal substance thins the blood, dissolves blood clots. The use of ointment for varicose veins is justified, but it should be applied after a medical appointment. With excessive enthusiasm for such drugs, bleeding is possible.
- venotonic. . . Ointments and gels that help relieve fatigue by strengthening the tone of the venous walls. They also adapt well to swelling of the legs.
- Honey-based ointments, creams and gelsand other beekeeping products. They are widely used, they help well, they advertise even better.
- Complex preparations. . . They have both venotonic and blood thinning components.
All of these drugs are easy to use. Read the annotation and use it. But don't forget the most important thing:visit a doctor in advance!
Warning!We feel it necessary to warn you about the dangers in connection withmagical ointmentsdistributed in various ways: by representatives of some little-known companies, private cosmetologists, online stores. Most often, unfortunate drugs have very doubtful certificates and have not been subjected to any research.
And what about folk methods?
Traditional medicine is not distinguished from varicose veins. On the contrary, it actively offers many miracle recipes that can relieve not only varicose veins, but also many associated problems.
Homemade ointments, medicinal decoctions and rubs, compresses and alcoholic tinctures for oral administration according to the beliefs of traditional doctors will heal you efficiently and economically in a short time. We do not intend to argue, there are so many really good recipes in traditional medicine. But as representatives of official medicine, we still invite you to look for a reasonable combination - the use of folk recipes after discussing them with a doctor. And in any case, do not refuse the traditional treatment prescribed by the doctor.
We analyze the diet and correctly set the food
Nutrition for varicose veins is of great importance. If you are a staunch meat eater and prefer sweet buns for dessert, varicose veins will love you, don't hesitate. And at the same time obesity, metabolic problems and many other unpleasant ailments will fall in love with you.
The optimal diet for the prevention of varicose veins is Mediterranean. Contains a lot of vegetables, fruits, seafood and fish, but hardly any meat and baked goods. Did you know that it is very rare for those who prefer Mediterranean cuisine to have problems with ships?
Therefore, remember our advice when you go shopping at the supermarket.
Compression needed with socks
An excellent prophylactic and therapeutic agent is compression underwear for varicose veins. Do not confuse it with tight tights - these are different products. To choose the size of underwear and the level of compression you need, a special 3D equipment will help you, on which you will not only be accurately measured, but also assessed the condition of the vessels of the extremities.
We do not recommend buying and wearing compression stockings by yourself. Only an experienced phlebologist can determine the individual size, adjust the duration of professional use of underwear. The price of the problem is a single consultation.
Pregnancy: You can avoid varicose veins
Pregnancy is a physiological process, but the load on the veins of the lower extremities increases significantly. Every expectant mother should know this.
- The first thing a woman can do to prevent varicose veins is to adjust her diet as described above.
- The second is sufficient physical activity. Walking in the air, the right footwear will help your ships.
- Special gymnastics is mandatory for pregnant women. Various movements of the feet, rolling from heel to toe, do not create a special physical activity, but help the veins. Pregnancy is a time when pillows are especially useful. If you lie down to rest, let your legs rest on a pillow: blood circulation in the limbs will be more active.
- If you knew about varicose veins before pregnancy, go to a phlebologist for more advice. He will select compression underwear for you, tell you how to wear it correctly and for how long.
Varicose veins and profession: sedentary work and leg work
The prevailing number of professions today implies long-term sitting in one place. More precisely, on the computer. Even if your posture is comfortable and your chair is comfortable, these conditions will not save you from varicose veins. Therefore, follow a few simple preventative rules:
- Never sit with your legs crossed, do not cross your legs: blood circulation in the limbs is impaired.
- Leave the trendy hairpins to go to the restaurant and the theater - no more. The optimal footwear is natural, with a heel no higher than 6 cm.
- Limit coffee and strong teas. Give preference to juices, fruit drinks, plain water.
- Make sure you play sports. Swimming is the best thing.
- Get adequate rest and don't overeat, check your body weight.
- Sitting at a table, do foot exercises.
If you can't sit at work, are on the go all day, don't forget:
- During rest, keep your feet in an elevated position.
- In the morning and evening, pour cool water on your shins.
- Eat well, not a rush snack.
- Wear compression underwear as a preventative measure and choose the right footwear.
General exercise for prevention
There are many wellness programs for the prevention of varicose veins. Therapeutic gymnastics is used when the disease is already present. If you know for sure that you are prone to varicose veins, do not include in your morning exercises:
- Active squats.
- Jumping on both legs, including jumping rope.
- Weight lifting exercises.
- Intense kicks.
Do the rest for your health!Don't forget to exercise your feet. After all, they can also be performed while lying in bed and sitting in an office chair work well.
The bicycle, which has recently become fashionable, is an excellent remedy for varicose veins. The swimming pool is also a great activity.
Monotonous work in the country, carrying bags from the store should be minimized. But make outdoor activities a habit. Follow our advice and the meeting with varicose veins will not take place!